Tallowwood Place Pedestrian Bridge
idec undertook the design and construction of the Shelgate Street Pedestrian Bridge replacement. The bridge, located in Bridgeman Downs, connects Bangalow Street and Karri Place and was originally built in 1998 and provides an important link across Cabbage Tree Creek between Coolabah Crescent Park and Jim Wilding Reserve and forms part of the secondary cycle route.
Works on the bridge began in June 2020 and involved:
- Installing a temporary bridge to facilitate safe pedestrian movement during construction and removal upon completion of the works.
- Replacing the existing timber bridge with a new 3.1 metre-wide steel bridge with a concrete deck
- Piling foundations for the new bridge
- Upgrading the footpath approaches at either end of the bridge
- Embankment protection works
- Landscaping and revegetation of disturbed areas
- CATEGORY Infrastructure