Shelgate Street Pedestrian Bridge
idec undertook the design and construction of the Shelgate Street Pedestrian Bridge. The bridge is located in Chermside West and provides an important link between Shelgate Street and Kinnerton Street across Downfall Creek for park users accessing Melaleuca Green Park.
Works on the bridge began in June 2020 and involved:
- Replacing the existing timber bridge with a new 3.6 metre-wide steel bridge with a concrete deck
- Piling foundations for the new bridge
- Upgrading the footpath approaches at either end of the bridge
- Embankment protection works
- Landscaping and revegetation of disturbed areas
- CLIENT Brisbane City Council
- YEAR 2020
- WE DID Design, Engineering, Fabrication, Demolition, Earthworks & Civil, Pile Foundations, Steel Erection, Precast Deck Installation, Landscaping.
- CATEGORY Infrastructure