idec Solutions have been contracted by Airservices Australia to complete the upgrade works to their Mount Barrow (Tasmania) Communications Facility.
Mount Barrow is a remote site at an elevation of 1415m with significant weather issues and a helicopter only installation approach for much of the works.
The Project involves:
- Demolition of existing structures onsite including a 30m Telecommunications tower
- Fabrication and erection of a new 30m Telecommunications tower
- Fabrication and installation of a new Flying Fox for equipment logistics to the summit facility
- Fabrication and installation of ice shelters for much of the site infrastructure
- Fabrication and installation of extensive walkways in mountainous terrain
This contract continues a long and successful relationship with Airservices Australia and we look forward to working with them again on this landmark project.